A Debate On Trend Episode 128, LIFE LESSONS AJ

 


There is always a big question mark whether one should follow the trend or set one. Here are my personal observations and the probable answers for the same.


Hi friends and welcome to Life Lessons


There was a guy known as Ram. He was good at studies and other activities. What made him different is his thoughts and the way he looks and lives his life. He was such a unique character that even his parents were not well aware of him for years together. This was the reason there were some disturbances between him and his parents sometimes. This doesn’t mean that they hate him nor he hates them. This happens only due to the different thought structure of Ram.


One day there was a small debate between Ram and his mother. It was the time of breakfast and Ram attended the table for the same.  As soon as he started having his share, his mother started her version. He started with her complaints with him.


Also, Check out Some Snakes That Never Change


She said, “this morning, I and neighbor Sarita Had a long conversation, and most of that is about Ram. She was asking about the typical behavior of Ram. Why is he like that, why doesn’t he live up like other people of his age? Why he doesn’t follow the trend and mix up with people? This is going to be a big problem in the future. I had no answer to reply to these questions. Ram, I’m tired of all these, why don’t you open up and mix up?”


Ram was just sitting back on the chair eating his share and listening to all that his mother was saying. But he didn’t reply to anything.


Looking at this his mother said, “This is not healthy, and if any problem arises due to this, I will not be helpful to you. Remember that !”


Also, Check Out Is Your Loyalty Turning Into Slavery?


Ram looked at his mother, and replied, “You think I’m not in trend and don’t mix up with people of my age. What do you mean by staying in trend? Using apps like TIK TOK and Insta Reels? Putting uploads of statuses on stories for every minute thing in life? Or wishing friends in the form of statuses only to make sure the entire world knows that I wished that person?”


His mother stopped and started listening to him carefully.


He continued, “Being in trend is required when I need to be in alignment with society to make my life better. But do you see this trend is healthy to be in? I have my set of friends who understands me and accepts me as I’m. These are the people I really care about and not others who complain about me and my personality. I don’t like it because I never complain about their character even if I don’t like that. Because it is up to them how they are and I have no right to comment on that.”


Also, Check Out the Benefits of Gardening You Should Know


He concluded, “Please don't compare me with others. You have every right to guide and punish me but this is not that reason. Remand me if I degrade my academics, or have done something unethical.  Please don’t point out this at least” and he got out the table without even finishing his breakfast.


His mom sat back and just got freeze at his words. She had no words to reply. No matter he was rude but he had a point.


Also, Check Out How To Improve Will Power?

The Present Trend:

There are many criticisms in this regard. Let me share a recent line one frustrated guy shared:

“How can parents expect their children to be out of the box in society by learning and doing the same as that of others?”


This line strongly struck me about the truth today. Let me make it clear what is this had to do with the trend. Like we saw in the debate above society wants us to be in trend and stay in trend simultaneously want us to do something different from that of others. This is something very illogical to expect.





On other hand, it is really a tough time with the trend these days. Certain aspects of today’s trend really make me think about the future of the present and the future generation.


Also, Check Out The Failure of 80/20 Principle


 Let me narrate a true instance that happened to me a few months ago. There was an app that provides short videos. We had to swipe up to look into the next video. I wanted to try it and see how is it. I started scrolling few videos, I had a mixed feeling but I kept on scrolling. After few videos, I just looked at the watch and noticed that I almost consumed an hour for just a few videos. Then that I understood how addictive these short video apps are. That day I decided not to go through any such apps again.




After the Tiktok app was banned. I expected that good days are coming, but the introduction of several apps with similar features made me stunned. Now people got several options to choose from. The sad thing is that this is one of those few facts that make us stay in trend. If I say I don’t use these short video apps, people may start commenting that I’m not in trend. But believe me, this is equally addictive as the games like PUB-G. But these all add up to the trend and here comes the question of whether we really be in trend or not. Because these trend factors consume lots of valuable time and health.


Also, Check out Love and Respect What To Choose From?


Benefits of Trend:

By the previous words, it is common that you may feel that I mean to say that staying in trend is not advisable. Let me state clearly that staying in trend is important but the point to understand is that the trend should be healthy enough. Today after the easy offerings of EMI options to all the people, people are in the trend of owning liabilities like vehicles. This is actually not a healthy trend. These are the factors that we need to see and understand before we make a decision to be in trend.





After the implementation of lockdown, people who never looked at the kitchen have learned to cook and cooked various delicious items like cake, cappuccinos, etc. This can be one of the best examples where trend upgrades the living. These are the trends that we have to follow. Some other examples may include; the recycling trend, fitness challenges, planting challenges, etc.


Also, Check out Is it Always Difficult?


Bottom Line:

Some trends are both ill and good for us to follow, it is purely our decision to opt it or not. It is not at all healthy to be in trend because people may point at us in the future. Today we have seen even large MNC are advertising on these platforms where they can get a large number of people. We are the ones that are creating these and are gradually converting this to something worst trend that people are forced to it. In these cases especially, let the change start from us. Let us try to make our and future generations safe.

DISCLAIMER: I have no intent to comment on the influencers that work for short video apps. I respect their efforts. But the trend is not healthy, I have to say that.

Hope you like this Episode.          

Check out my site for more such interesting episodes.                                           

Please don’t forget to subscribe. Please comment on your views and similar instances in your life, and don’t forget to share this with your friends, family, and contacts.

Don’t forget to subscribe to my site through the subscribe option provided.

Comments

Post a Comment