SELF EVALUATION (EPISODE 34, LIFE LESSONS)


Hi friends and welcome to Life Lessons.

So far, we have come across many episodes of life lessons. In this course, we have come across the tips of leading a good life. In some of previous episodes, we have gone through factors that actually help us to lead a good life. Now the question is- the details given in the episode is all enough? Probably the answer is No. It is because; good life is one of those aspects whose details and answers are endless. In the due course of changing trends in human life style- new and trendier answers come to scenario.

There might be a question in your mind about why I’m recalling those episodes. In this episode, I’m going to touch one such additional aspect that really is the need for leading a good life. And this is Self Evaluation. By definition, Self Evaluation is the process of systematically observing, analyzing, and valuing our own action and its results in order to stabilize or improve it.

Before I would elucidate the importance of Self evaluation, I would like to narrate my experience in this context.

My Chronicle:                                                  

All my childhood went very well. I was offered everything that I wanted. I was treated with utmost care and support in my childhood. Everything was fine till I had my father by my side. I never noticed his importance. I feel it is common for many individuals. But the situation has turned around after his demise. I was in early teens by then and was in utmost fear of the future.

Father’s love and care are generally unobserved, because he forms an umbrella against the rain of problems in our life and this generally is out of our vision. Same was the case for me too.

Let me narrate an instance to support this. One day in my school, there came a team. They belonged to a well known foundation. They wanted to collect money for the victims of the recent disaster. They wanted students to get involved in the collection process. In this course, they launched a scheme with various awards for most collection done by the students. They were: a trophy for collection of more than Rs1000 and a medal for collection of more than Rs150. All classmates were excited at the scheme since it offered us an opportunity to participate in good deed, and to some extent we were also attracted to the awards.

I enrolled my name in the volunteers list. I had 7 days in my hand to collect money from my neighbors and relatives. Now there was a question mark in my mind. Will my neighbors and relatives support me in donating? To what extent do they believe me? I was disturbed at the thought. There were many cases by then in which children have collected money in the name of victims but never fulfilled the purpose.

The next day, I was all set to collect donations. I started with my neighbors. After 4 days, I was successful in collecting Rs1085. I was happy that I was good at collecting. The next day, I submitted the amount. I was one among the few students in my class who surpassed Rs1000 mark. As promised I was awarded with a trophy.

But there was an underlying truth behind the whole story. On the day I was told about the collection process, my father has already intimated all the people I was probably about to collect from. I never knew this until I was told any one of relatives recently. Once again, it was proved that I never noticed the presence of father in every step of my life.

After his demise, I was really out of mind for some days. Even after I was ready to face the consequences; there are many instances that clearly reminded me of his loss. But having this regret every second was not the solution for me. I had to find a way to stay in pace. In this due course, I observed a new change in myself. I was gradually falling in line of pace by learning from instances in life.

Let me narrate a instance in this context.

At the end of my graduation, I decided to increase my income. One of the ideas I had is to increase my passive income. And this was possible by establishing a new source or asset from which the income would be generated. After few days of brainstorming, I planned to construct a commercial space and lease it. I arranged the finance and started the process.


In handing over the contract to the contractor, I had two options:

1.     1.      Handing over in form of material contract. This means the materials are to be procured by the ontractor himself.

2.     2.   Handing over in form of work contract. This means the materials are to be procured by me personally.

After the initial calculation, I found out that the estimation was almost same for both the modes. Thus I opted for the material contract since I had no headache related to procuring of materials. The construction completed in six months successfully. I was happy that I had at last successfully completed the first project in my life.

Everything was good until I came to know about a bitter truth. I was gradually getting knowledge about prices and quality of various construction materials. And I found out that if I opted for work contract, I would have finished the project with almost 35% lesser costs. I was happy and sad at the same time. I was happy that I was gradually getting to know the actual scenario of the construction process.

Few years later, I planned to start another (bigger) project. This time I knew that material contract was going to cost me more. Thus I opted for work contract procedure. I procured materials of my choice and good quality. And I was successful in completing the project in relatively lesser budget

Observations:

If we observe carefully, there is no big miracle that made me better person. I have turned to a better person by learning from my past experience. It was true that I faced a slap by some bitter experiences initially. But the lessons from these instances taught me the importance of self-evaluation.

Self-evaluation is the concept of continuously observing our self, evaluating and thus converting our self into a better person. This process is important for everyone despite of having other assets like mentors. It is because it is you who know the best of yourself. And thus it is you who can find out the best solution for your problems.

Self evaluation has drastically improved me in various dimensions, and I hope this will help you too. Don’t forget to value the importance and value of father and other mentors in your life. This observation about self will definitely help us in improving our life standards.

Hope you like this Episode.                                                                                                                         

For more episodes check out my site:                                                                   

ajiteshippili.blogspot.com                                                                                       

Please comment your views and similar instances in your life, and don’t forget to share this with your friends, family and contacts. Please don’t forget to subscribe.

 

Comments